Saturday, February 27, 2016

Politics & the Celebrity Elite

Headlines everywhere today read: "Aaron Carter Endorses Donald Trump!"

Well, for a D list celebrity (as his haters, not me, are calling him), Aaron Carter sure as hell made a splash today! His name is EVERYWHERE for this endorsement and almost none of it is support. Except for me.

I may be biased, because I too am a Trump supporter. Of course that means I was happy with this endorsement. However, this is what I hate about social media. Just because someone shares a personal view on something that people strongly disagree with, it means they lose fans. 

How about we listen to each other, like open hearted and opened minded human beings about WHY we support or don't support people? Why we feel the way we do about certain things? We may just learn something. If you make an informed decision, you can't go wrong for YOURSELF. You either make a good choice or you learn from the downfalls of it. Yeah, there's a ripple effect, but we all go into that voting booth ALONE and the amount of propaganda is disgusting on both sides. So it's best to have our own research and opinion anyway and not knock others for doing the same.

The personal attacks being sent to Aaron are disgusting. Calling him a D list meth addict and everything! He is someone who has struggled with addiction and it's not something to poke fun at. I lost my brother to years of addiction and he hung himself over the summer. But I digress. The lack of privacy and the risk of attacks like what is happening to Aaron is exactly why so many in Hollywood (especially A and B list celebrities) have become puppets and followers instead of leaders. They know it could mean the end of their career and smearing of their name if they dare to step out and be different from the rest.

Listen, I'm not knocking the majority of Hollywood, or anyone in the country for that matter, for disagreeing with me. That's the beautiful thing about this country. I couldn't care less who you support, or what you do as long as it's an informed decision and also not something that I feel will hurt others or this country as a whole if we're talking strictly politics. 

So, Oh Aaron, props to you for having the balls to speak out and support someone of your own choosing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment