Sunday, June 12, 2016

God Laughs At Our Plans...I Was Supposed to Be In Florida

I just had one of those days where everything suddenly made sense and the day isn't even over. Actually, the last 2 days I've had this epiphany that just made complete sense. First the death of Christina Grimmie and then the mass shooting in Orlando. So how does this pertain to me and God's plan for me in NY?

I was supposed to be in Florida for the past few days.

For the past few months, friends of mine were planning a charity event. It was a struggle; from people not showing interest, to issues within the organization running it...nothing was going their way and I was in desperate need of a vacation. So we were all frustrated. It was apparent God thought now wasn't the time, though none of us knew why.

It literally just hit me today that this was why. God didn't want any of us in Florida right now. He, the universe, angels all saw what was happening and wanted to protect us from it. This is a big lesson for me, and for many of us. In the grand scheme of things, we only go when we are supposed to, whether that be death, a vacation or even a move. As hard as it is to grasp, it was the time for all lives lost. We don't know why, but maybe God and the universe wanted their death to trigger a change in this world. Just as there is a reason He spared the lives He spared that made it out alive or, like my friends and I, kept lives out of Florida completely during this time.

That does not, under any circumstances, mean I am retracting my previous blog that this is all bullshit and a senseless act of terrorism. But in an effort to bring some understanding to the situation, it's all part of God's plan to change us, to change the world. It's up to us whether we let that be for better or for worse. At the end of the day, we must trust that He knows what He is doing.

Again, my thoughts and prayers to all of those affected by the events in Florida the past few days; the lives lost and those left behind in grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment