Wednesday, June 29, 2016

CAN'T Is Rarely A Fact!

I grew up being taught to never say that I can't do something. It is largely just our perception most of the time anyway. We determine, by our own thoughts and feelings, whether or not we can or cannot do something.

Here are examples between a fact and our own perception:

"I can't change another human being." This is a fact because, despite being an influence on someone, they are the ones who make the choice to change or not.

"I can't climb Mount Everest." This is my favorite one to use when talking to people in wheelchairs. I've talked about it either in a blog or vlog before and got an immediate response from someone in a wheelchair telling me they really couldn't. My answer was, "of course you can't, because you've already convinced yourself and decided that you can't before you even try. That's your perception of and confidence (or lack thereof) in your abilities." And before you dare me to prove to you that it can be done, hold your pants on, I'm not doing it! I can, I just don't want to. Not interested, moving on.

The language you use is incredibly important in how you shape your life, moment by moment. I "joke" with people that even Facebook games can make or break your life. Every time I hear someone say "oh shit, I'm broke, I have no money" and their head is in their phone playing a game, I point out that God and the universe have eyes and ears all over. You may not think the 2 overlap, but here's a secret (from, "The Secret" the movie and book.) The universe only pays attention to the words and vibrations we send out. So even if there are things joked about in the context of a game, pay attention to if it correlates to exactly what's going on in your reality and how often. I'd be willing to bet that it does and that is because the universe is always responding to what we think, feel and say. Create a new habit of speaking abundance and joy into your life.

Another thing to be careful about is when you talk about what you don't want. The universe doesn't understand negation. So if you say something like "I don't want to get sick", you're just sending out a vibration of sickness and shouldn't be surprised if you get a cold or anything else.

I will leave you with this quote:

A man said to the Buddha, “I want Happiness.”
Buddha said, first remove “I”, that’s ego,
then remove “want”, that’s desire.
See, now you are left with only Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment