Monday, December 18, 2017

Book Review of “Still Breathin’: The Wisdom & Teachings of a Perfectly Flawed Man” by Brenden Dilley (future Congressman in AZ)

I’ve become quite the book worm in my adulthood. I’ve always gravitated toward books on spirituality and self help. It came as no surprise to me that when I found Brenden Dilley on social media, I immediately resonated and had to follow him. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I’m just as brutally honest and always try to empower people and hope to set a good example by the life I lead. That’s just what Brenden does...though he might be a little more direct?

I started following him on social media and almost immediately began watching his periscopes (every weekday morning around 10:15ET ish.) He speaks about everything from life to politics and often finds unique and creative ways to tie the two topics together. He’s extremely down to earth and easy to keep up with. He speaks common sense. For those not as outgoing, he will keep you on your toes going from topic to topic and back again!

After awhile of following Brenden, I was finally able to snag his book on Amazon. I had originally planned to read it while flying to and from Las Vegas for my birthday (a 5 hour flight each way), but ended up sleeping a little more than I’d intended to on the plane and then got caught up with work upon returning home. So fast forward about a month and here I am, having just finished the book. I’m telling you right now, I will end up reading it again. I already found myself stopping short and rereading certain passages a second time, just so I could get the full effect and let it really resonate. Trust me, you’ll need to. He goes from talking about sex tips on one page to talking about being a mama’s boy on the next. Side note - shout out to Lisa Kitter for raising a great guy & empowering him to connect with all of us! 

I realize this might be a biased review but that’s all I can really give you. For those who trust MY opinions, I hope you’ll check the book out and follow him on social media if you don’t already. He’s pretty awesome with shouting me out so I’m sure that a lot of his viewers and followers will be the ones that read this first if they follow me, but I strongly encourage those of you who don’t to go follow him. 

Now for a very important mission as a close to this blog. Brenden has officially launched a campaign to run for Congress in District 8 of Arizona. For those of you not sure if that’s you, I took the liberty of looking it up. District 8 includes many of the suburbs North and West of Phoenix, AZ. So if that’s you, please vote! For the rest of us...please check out these links and support Brenden, whether it’s by watching his periscopes, following him and sharing his material on social media, reading and reviewing the book, donating to the campaign or just spreading the word! 

Important links: 

Twitter: @hublife
Periscope: @hublife 
IG: @brenden_dilley 
FB: @BrendenDilley
Congressional FB: @DilleyForCongress 
Congressional IG: @DilleyForCongress 
Website: http://dilley2018.com/

Also, if anyone out there is an illegal voter and knows the ins and outs, I’d appreciate tips on how I can get away with voting for Brenden while still being a resident of NY and avoiding any jail time. I’m too honest to have ever done this before. But for real, I promise to come down for the victory party! I’ll even watch the kids while you and Reanna go celebrate on a date night!

1 comment:

  1. I’m so glad you read it! If I had more room in the tweet I would’ve given you a heads up that you got a special shout out. You guys are a great family and have our support in NY! If you need anything let me know!

    ReplyDelete