Thursday, June 7, 2018

Why Should Personal Mistakes In A Public Figures’ Life Negate All Of The Good They’ve Done?

must say, it’s been awhile since I’ve felt the need to write one of these blogs. Maybe there have been reasons to do so since my last one, but I’ve been busy living my life. However, it doesn’t mean that I won’t stand by people I love, so here I am...

As you may have found out, Paulie Calafiore is once again under fire. This time for alleged cheating allegations on girlfriend Danielle Maltby. I feel weird even bringing this up to be honest and the only reason I am is because of the storm it’s causing across the internet. Literally everything bad people have said about Paulie during his time on Big Brother 18 in 2016 is being regurgitated. 

So here’s what I think. Paulie and Danielle are both public figures, I get that. But they are also human beings. I do not condone cheating, however, it is also not my relationship nor is it any of my business OR yours. I don’t understand why people are so quick to demonize nowadays over personal mistakes and make up their own stories and conclusions as to how everyone involved should feel or what they should do. It really reminds me of the term “fake news.”

If Paulie committed an actual crime, I could see the judgment. I could even see being hurt on Danielle’s behalf if you’re a fan of hers. However, cheating is a mistake. A PERSONAL mistake. He’s done nothing to anyone else but Danielle (and if he’s ever actually cheated before.) Unless someone does something personal to me, I’m not jumping on any bandwagons to demonize and hate on them. It does not make him a bad person and it most certainly does not take away anything from my personal experiences with him over the years. He and his family have been nothing but loving and amazing people to me. He’s done so much good for so many people, namely through his charity The Rise Up and I’m sorry but something happening in his personal relationship does not and should not negate all of that. It is by no means a jab at any of the causes he supports. Cheating is a bad thing, of course, however it is not to be compared to rape, abuse or any of the other things people are claiming Paulie is. People REALLY need to learn the difference in that all across the board. Which brings me to my next point...

I will never understand why haters follow or comment on everything someone does whom they can’t stand. Some even take it steps further and harass their family, friends, people they associate with through business and supporters. It’s absolutely ridiculous to me. People have too much time on their hands if all they’re going to do is hate. There is more than enough talent to follow than to concentrate so much of your 24 hours in a day on people you don’t like or support. Spread love, not hate.

I don’t care what anyone else plans to do, but come Tuesday, June 12th, I will once again be repping #TeamPaulie during his stint on “The Challenge” on MTV! Here is Paulie’s personal statement on what has transpired. I believe the LEAST we can do is grant his wish for privacy.

https://www.eonline.com/news/942037/paul-calafiore-addresses-cheating-scandal-with-emotional-plea-to-danielle-maltby


No comments:

Post a Comment