Saturday, June 13, 2020

Push Past Discrimination

I’ve been so torn the last few weeks. As a human being, as an American, as an empath. I don’t like so much as arguing, let alone violence. I want to do something. 

So I’ve been reflecting a lot. Trying to find solutions amongst the images I cannot get out of my head; the killing of George Floyd, the riots and violence and also the rallies, marches and protests. I have never been one that likes to do something for one segment of any population. Even #PushPastParalysis goes way beyond the physical. People experience mental, emotional and spiritual paralysis all the time. 

So I’ve decided that I’m going to begin a movement using my platform of just that, but unifying ANYONE who is discriminated against for ANY reason and find out how they too, Push Past Paralysis. What they’ve done and how they’ve done it against all odds. We ALL are discriminated against, no one is exempt from that and that INCLUDES those discriminated against because of the color of their skin. 

No one can truly stop you but yourself. But so many people let what others say or do stop them from being themselves, loving and owning their individuality and being able to be their best. ‪The best way to beat discrimination is to not give into it. Do not look at yourself as the victim. ‪Never give up. ‬

I feel it’s my purpose to empower all who feel discriminated against, but you have to meet me half way. Don’t have a chip on your shoulder as if people are against you and have a wall up so we can’t support you because you’re choosing to stay in that mindset. You can’t have it both ways.

This is not going to be a meet up group where we all talk about our problems and how we feel. This is where we all are at our best and shining, doing what we do best. There is going to be a variety of things we all excel at and that’s the point. 

I hope you’ll join me. 

#PushPastDiscrimination

No comments:

Post a Comment