Thursday, May 19, 2016

You Are Where You're Meant to Be...For Now

I just showed my mom a picture I was tagged in from 6th grade. She asked me, "don't you wish you were that age again??" My reply was, "no, too much cool shit has happened to me since then."

And that's the truth. Sure, I have amazing memories from my entire life so far, but many of those things took place after that picture. More importantly, I choose to believe Danny Gokey when he sings "My Best Days Are Ahead of Me."

I believe we are always where we are meant to be and it is always leading us to the place for our highest good. Sure, there are hard times we all go through and wish we weren't going through it at the time. But nothing lasts forever, including the hard times. They are merely lessons we must learn in order to appreciate all of the good in store for us.

Wishing we were somewhere else in life is not living in the present. It fills us with nothing but envy, anger, resentment, sorrow, sadness and any negative emotion we can think of. Even reminiscing has an heir of negativity. Think about it, how many times have we all said "those were the good old days!" As if we won't ever have days that good, or better, ever again. We won't, only if we decide we won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment