Thursday, September 29, 2016

What Is The Goal of Hating?

The title of this blog is not a rhetorical question. I'm really looking for an answer. This is a question I've pondered a lot over time and a lot during the summer while Big Brother 18 was on. I'm very passionate about my music and my TV shows, and I normally end up following certain people's careers (and lives, thanks to social media) afterward. Which means I've seen them deal with the haters and have my share of hate thrown at me as well.

Honestly, the hate doesn't bother me. I just can't figure out the point of it though. Do people actually think by wasting their time and energy, going out of their way to harass strangers just for being passionate fans of someone or something, that we're magically going to change our minds? Yeah, a stranger TOTALLY has that much power over my life (dripping with sarcasm, can you hear it?) Block parties have been frequent this summer for sure!

It bothers me when the people I support get the brunt of the hate. They don't deserve it. None of us know these people. Why judge anyone so harshly based on ONE aspect you see of them? Why not save your judgements and go out of your way to find the good, or go meet this person to see for yourself? Or, how about just go support someone else altogether? I promise, the ones you don't like won't miss you. Don't follow them.



This is especially true under the intense microscopic pressure cooker of being in the Big Brother house. Paulie Calafiore is STILL getting hate and the game is over! Thank God he doesn't live for anything the haters or even fans say; he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. He played a great game and seems like a great person; both can simultaneously be possible. As for the hate and shade from other houseguests, it just goes to show that they aren't doing anything worthwhile in their own lives. If they were, why be so concerned with what Paulie is doing? It has come as no surprise to me that he has shown the most class since leaving the house (as well as Zakiyah) yet has received, by far, the most hate during the season and now after. He and his family have truly taken the high road, embracing the love and blocking the hate and it has been a joy to connect with them on social media. They set an excellent example for the fans on what to do when we get hate!

It makes me give major side eye when people jump on the #TeamPaulie bandwagon JUST because he's doing what they want him to do. Newsflash, he's not doing it for you. He's just living his life, doing what he wants and surrounding himself with the people he wants in his life. If you would have separated game from real life in the first place, it would have saved you the headaches all summer. So many people who talked crap about him all season long suddenly love him. I suspect part of that is also just to be noticed by him now and they won't hesitate to start hating again the second he does something they disagree with. I wrote a blog during the season in response to the haters who felt slighted and would be pissed at Paulie until he "apologized and fixed it" (yes, they mean apologize to THEM LOL), essentially doing what they wanted. I have news for you, Paulie is just a human being out of game mode and doing what HE wants, regardless of it now falling under being okay by haters.

I also wrote a blog during the Big Brother season about why I refuse to hate Paulie, let alone anyone else and a blog in response to haters feeling entitled. You can read both blogs here:

http://marissameleske.blogspot.com/2016/08/what-does-someone-paulie-calafiore-have.html

http://marissameleske.blogspot.com/2016/08/paulie-doesnt-owe-you-anything.html?m=1



So I'm going to get off of my soap box now and go back to showing love and support, as well as my own full life. Oh! There are 9 days until I meet Paulie. I will definitely be writing a blog after that, so keep checking back!

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent blog post! Papa Calafiore posted about all the hate he's getting online. I really wish people would move on.

    I had a HUGE block party myself last week.

    I'm happy to be #TeamPaulie and glad to see others embrace the #CalafioreNation!!

    xx,
    @mlvlatina

    ReplyDelete