Friday, September 2, 2016

Nobody Speaks for Everyone, Why Are You Offended?

I may get overwhelmed when Big Brother brings a lot of unnecessary drama my way and overall to people who don't deserve it but it has also finally brought to light 2 key issues that I have spoken about in recent years; we are all individuals and this world suffers a great lack of self love.

Nobody speaks for everybody. We are all individuals with our very own brains to think with and mouths to speak with, computers/phones to type with. If you're going to be offended by someone's opinion just because they have a big platform and, in your mind, that gives them power and means they're forcing their opinion on everyone, that's your problem, not theirs! Just because it's said on television doesn't mean it's being rammed down your throat or you have to think, feel and do the same. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions. You're wasting your time chasing down people who disagree with you because there's always going to be someone. They're just voicing THEIR opinions. Just because you disagree with something that somebody says or does, does not give you the right to TELL them they're 100% wrong or, in worse cases, threaten the person (like I was threatened yesterday and like Paulie and his family have been threatened all summer.) Everyone sees things differently and is entitled to their opinion and perspective. The beauty of this country especially is that we all have a right to our own opinion. I would like to think that, especially if you own a computer, are old enough to have social media accounts and/or can hold other adult conversations, that people would have the decency to respect each others' opinions. I can name big names with whom I've disagreed with their opinions and never once did I take the time to harass them, their family or meaninglessly argue with their fanbase. I follow and talk to the people I actually WANT to talk to. Do I have friendly banter with fans of different people? Sure, that's a whole other story! We should always want to gain and share knowledge but attacking someone is completely different.

Recently I was told that if I'm a fan of Paulie Calafiore from Big Brother that I need to "go learn to love myself." LMFAO! I admit that was funnier than being told yesterday that I should die or be full body paralyzed for being his fan, but you know what? I consider the source (I'll give you one guess whose fanbase said that to me.) Even if people I love and care about give me well meaning advice, I take THAT with a grain of salt and consider the source because all advice comes from the perspective and life of the individual projecting it onto others and in the end we are only responsible for ourselves. So to take advice from vile, disgusting people I don't even know that are spewing hate? Yeah, okay, not happening! I will continue to live my life, love myself as well as be a Paulie Calafiore fan and I'll probably do and say a million other things that someone will disagree with. But anyone is free to disagree with me and how I live my life. It just makes me sad for them that they must lack self love and their life isn't fulfilling enough that they need to find people to hate and attack instead of people to love, lift up and connect with. It makes me even more grateful for the connections I've made that DO love and support the same people as I do, Paulie mainly as of late.

Quit trying to tell everyone they're wrong or enlighten them of how they should feel. If someone is clearly missing facts to a story (as is often the case in Big Brother if you don't have the live feeds) by all means provide the facts via clips, not your projection or a portion of a clip that leaves out a chunk of important information. But be aware that the persons' perspective still might not change. As for Big Brother itself, just remember it's a freaking game! It's not as serious as everyone makes it out to be until it's taken low enough with the hateful, personal attacks actual allegation or spewed words within fanbases. This goes for everything in life though, especially politics in this time for the US. Many of us will disagree based on our place in life and what we're looking for but as long as we educate ourselves on all sides of an issue then we can't go wrong in our hearts and we don't have to listen to anyone else.



No comments:

Post a Comment