Thursday, September 15, 2016

Team Paulie vs. The World #NeverCared

Last night's Big Brother episode was beautiful. Let's just put that out there! I loved everything except the fact that Corey was evicted. If you're not Team Paulie after last night, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you've just missed the episode. Allow me to provide you with a clip. I hope you have your popcorn ready:

https://youtu.be/n8ERjwP_PtQ

In this blog I'll go into my take on why I'm more Team Paulie than ever. But first (Julie Chen voice), how amazing was it that Natalie was pretty much irrelevant in her own segment? I mean, we all thought she'd be the first to get attacked in the jury house (rightfully so) and it was almost like she didn't even exist! Can't say I was disappointed one bit about that! And I'm part of the "no one" who believes she'd use the veto on James. Or maybe she would but it would have been a pitch for fame, not genuine. But I'm leaning toward no.

Now for what actually did go down last night. I think Paulie was justified for his part in the argument. I also think global warming is someone else's fault and problem, but what do I know? So many people are blaming him for it, so who knows! Anyway, I can't imagine being surrounded by the opposite sex for as long as he has been. The guy had to be going a little stir crazy until Vic got there! Then, to have hashed things out with someone he clearly cares about and to see her get shunned and shaded by someone who was supposed to be her friend? He clearly was boiling about that inside for awhile. As a Scorpio, I can relate! From what it sounds like, he outwardly left it alone for awhile because Zakiyah is a big girl, but seeing someone you care about get treated like crap, and with no game play involved, has to hurt inside and eat at you.

The things that all of the girls were saying about Paulie were just sound bytes to me. Da'Vonne got up just to get in his face looking for a fight and it bugged her that he stayed so calm. The girls, which is exactly what they acted like, were going off at the mouth about their feminism. They all had a case of amnesia too, because they said that Paulie only starts arguments with the women. That's funny because I distinctly remember Paulie confronting Frank when he slapped Da'Vonne and Zakiyah on the butt. He also got into it with James when he found out his plan to vote Zakiyah out. I'm still bitter that feeds were down for that, by the way. He also has female family and friends with nothing but great things to say about him. I don't take what a salty ex or their friends have to say very seriously. I take it with the grain of salt it comes with.

I was very happy to see that an overwhelming amount of people had Paulie's back about last night. But the thing is, it doesn't matter if you don't. As a big fan of his, I want him to get so much love from people when he leaves that house and goes to the next thing he's ready to tackle. It would be nice and I have come across many fans of his. The haters (which now includes some houseguests, I guess) really have no say in what he or the people he chooses to have in his life do with their lives. So he's not going to care and give anyone the satisfaction. I do wish people would start acting like adults and just not follow or tweet people they don't like, but I'm not expecting a miracle.

So in summary, I've been Team Paulie from day one and that hasn't changed (and isn't going to.) I don't know how anyone could watch last night's episode and NOT have at least a few ounces more respect for him.

1 comment:

  1. I still have this episode on my DVR. Paulie did absolutely nothing wrong. I wasn't ready for the wave of hate that came down on both Paulie and Zakiyah. It's like people were watching a different show!

    ReplyDelete