Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Why Paulie Earned My Vote for "America's Favorite Player" on BB18

I always complain that my favorite contestant on a show never usually wins and I can count, on one hand, the ones that have. "Big Brother" may have its issues, which I've addressed in previous blogs, but one thing it does is give us a voice on finale night. It gives those of us who have screamed, cried, thrown things at our TV and stopped watching, a chance to have a voice (not saying I did ANY of those things ;)).

Every season, Big Brother allows us to vote for our favorite Houseguest of the season and the winner will be announced on finale night as America's Favorite Player. To me, I look at AFP as the player who should have won in a perfect world (or the world in my head, that sees everything as it should have perfectly unfolded.) If you've followed me for any length of time, it will come as no surprise to you that Paulie Calafiore will be getting all of my votes this season. I will explain why and hopefully more of you will join me in rewarding him with AFP as voting is now opened.

In my opinion, Big Brother is an aggressive game. The tamer "floater" players bore me to tears. Or maybe it's just hot when an alpha male beasts competitions and takes control of alliances in the house. Maybe a little bit of both. Nevertheless, I like action in the house, especially when $500k is at stake, and no one provided more action and game play during all of season 18 than Paulie Calafiore. Even after he was evicted, the houseguests still talked about him! I think, at times, they were like lost kids wandering aimlessly needing their daddy to tell them what they should be doing.

Let's go down the list of Paulie's Big Brother accomplishments: he won 2 HOH's, 3 Power of Veto and played a part in staging each eviction up until Zakiyah's and his own. That's 8 weeks! For those who aren't going to vote for him solely because of how you're projecting Zakiyah or others should feel toward him, the 2 seem to have hashed things out. They're speaking and spending time together in jury and from the pictures, they seem happy. Just recently, he was the only in the house to defend Zakiyah against her so called friend and another time against Frank in the house. I have also seen many clips where he and Zakiyah both discuss talking crap about each other. So much of that was game play! I don't trust all of the jury video footage because it's staged and produced. They tell the jury what to discuss for a segment. Plus, remember that Paulie thought he had James and Natalie's votes to keep Zakiyah the week she was evicted. James flipped the vote, not Paulie (and James later in the season regretted it.) Paulie didn't use the veto that week because he was trying to be smart and strategic about his own game, not giving up a multiple person alliance while securing one person's safety, but also trying to secure her safety anyway with votes at the same time. I still say the DR stirred that stuff up for drama. No way is James this smart to get out big players (Paulie and Vic- almost). If you paid attention during the week of jury battle back, the jurors seem to have connected the dots, no doubt thanks to Paulie, and they all wanted James out. It is a game and, up until the week before his eviction, he was a mastermind!

I cannot be a fan of someone whom I don't like and respect as a person. I sincerely hope that those who actually know Paulie, and whose opinions HE values most, go easy on him after the show. I don't think he has done things that are nearly as bad as public opinion is making them out to be at all. Especially in comparison to other houseguests this season and in seasons past, yet they aren't held accountable. Through the show, I've followed very few houseguests in their post show, real life endeavors and I can tell you Paulie is already one of them. I have been following him since I've followed his brother Cody, who was runner up in season 16. I take this into high consideration when thinking about America's Favorite Player. Sure, the majority of my decision is based solely on Paulie's game play, but I also know some of the things he wants to do with the money he'll receive, if and when he wins AFP. He wants to help pay off his parent's mortgage, he wants to help Da'Vonne and James' kids, plus help underprivileged children and he wants to put money toward his gym and other endeavors he already has going on. All of this on top of the many doors that will open for him after the finale that he isn't even aware of yet.

So yes, Big Brother is a dirty game for $500k. But you can't really hate the player, you gotta hate the game or hate nothing. I personally love both! I will be giving my votes to Paulie because he deserves them all and I hope you will do the same!

To vote for Paulie for America's Favorite Player, please go to this link: http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/americas-favorite-houseguest/

On another note, I am meeting Paulie at a Meet & Greet on October 8th. I am collecting fan letters to put together a book for him. Please send all letters to marissameleske@gmail.com with subject Paulie Project

ALSO, Paulie's brother Cody, from Big Brother 16, is starring in a movie along side Amber Rose, who is on this season's Dancing With The Stars! To vote for Amber and Maks, please call: 1-800-868-3401


No comments:

Post a Comment