Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas To All Those With Empty Seats At The Table

This year, more than ever, I'm feeling the loss of my father and brother. Christmas is in 2 days, as of the time I'm beginning to write this blog. I know they're here, but I'm still feeling their losses. 

It got me thinking about how many people are spending this Christmas with one or more empty seats at the table. Whether your loved one passed away, you aren't getting along or they're off fighting for our freedoms. Whatever the case may be, you're left behind to mourn their absence in some way and will see that empty seat at the table.

There is no simple answer. There is no secret. There is no dessert, no gift that will make up for the loss or replace the physical presence of our loved ones. All we can do is be grateful for the time we had with them and continue to make them proud today and every day. Especially at this time of year, when we can all believe in magic, we have to believe they see us when we're sleeping and know when we're awake. For those who have lost parents, they also know if we've been bad or good...so be good for goodness sake! Okay, I'm done! Admit it, that was funny. Don't be a Scrooge! 

Merry Christmas...even if you don't celebrate๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ… to those who are offended, Bah Humbug! ๐Ÿ˜‚

No comments:

Post a Comment