Sunday, July 23, 2017

Why Christmas' Broken Ankle Shouldn't Disqualify Her But Open BB19's Eyes

If you've never heard of Big Brother before, all you need to know is everything is fair game for an argument and fight. This doesn't exclude the latest "drama"....houseguest Christmas' broken foot.

Another houseguest ended up causing Christmas to break her foot, severely enough to need surgery that will take up to a year to recover from. She may never even gain full and normal use of her foot. Instead of wishing her well, this of course causes tons of chatter amongst Big Brother fans.

So should Christmas be disqualified from playing Big Brother? My personal opinion is no. I'll take it a step further and say I don't even think she should have to sit out of competitions. I think the burden lies on CBS & Big Brother to make their show more adaptive.

I'm in a wheelchair and, while I personally would never sign up for Big Brother because of the burden it puts on you and your loved ones mentally, I don't think I or anyone else in a wheelchair should be made to feel like we can't even attempt to sign up due to the physical nature of so many of the competitions. It doesn't mean that it's going to be any less difficult for anyone, but there are tweaks that can be made to allow everyone the opportunity to participate.

My YouTube video on the subject: https://youtu.be/1tt5cerjFss


No comments:

Post a Comment