Monday, October 17, 2016

Focus On & Spread Love, Not Hate

It's my belief that our energy comes from 2 places; love or hate. In some circumstances, it can just be known as positive or negative, but the vibrations and emotions I'm talking about are love and hate. All others simply stem from these emotions.

We choose where we give our energy and what or who we react to, which leads to the results we get in our lives. We are always, even if indirectly, responsible for where our energy is going and what we are getting back. What goes around comes around, as they say!

Even the slightest thing can throw our energy off, especially those of us who are empaths. It doesn't have to be anything consistent or catastrophic. One of the things I've had to really, deliberately examine my energy around in life is my reality shows. Yes, you can laugh...

I've watched Big Brother every summer since it premiered. This past season was by far my favorite, but it didn't come without its fair share of drama. It was the first time I've felt compelled to blog about the show because there was SO much negativity surrounding my favorite houseguest, Paulie Calafiore, and also Zakiyah Everette.

I have always known that people on television are never 100% themselves, even on a reality show and especially one that is based off of lies, betrayal, deceit, conniving and manipulation. Knowing this beforehand prevents me from getting upset every time I see it happen. That, unfortunately, was not the case for many people. Instead, people got wrapped up in what they saw. They worried too much over hurt feelings and that resulted in slinging hate toward people in the house that they feel wronged their favorite houseguest, all of whom they've never met, mainly Paulie, and the hate even extended toward his family. This compelled me to blog more consistently, the more upset I got over the hate. Instead of reacting (with the exception of a few slip ups), I jus responded with a blog showing love for my favorite player. Okay, so maybe I'm long winded and 150 character tweets just wouldn't cut it...but I digress.

Paulie had so many haters this past season and, to me, it was unwarranted. He was playing a great game and it just didn't fit into "The Notebook" type show that people must have been expecting when they flipped the channel to CBS or turned on the live feeds and saw Zaulie one minute, then Paulie playing the game the next. If you wanted "The Notebook" what on earth possessed you to turn on CBS and watch "Big Brother"? You need a thick skin to be on or watch that show. There's really no point in getting so upset over something someone does under the circumstances in that house. You had 14 other houseguests to choose from, to love and support. You also don't have to tear down one person in order to support another. Especially now, when the show is over. Why bother sticking your nose where it doesn't belong, hating someone or insulting 2 people for choosing to leave a game behind them and be in each other's lives? Is it that hard to admit, no matter who your favorite was, that you were wrong and all the perceived bad was just a part of the game? If you never liked Paulie, you should care even less. Stop wasting your own precious time.

Why is this world so obsessed with hating on someone or complaining about something? We, as a society, have become addicted to negativity. Luckily, it only takes 21 days to create a new habit. I highly suggest trying positivity for a change.  It will definitely change your energy and outlook on life. There are more important things to worry about and obsess over other than someone else's life, that's for sure. Try being obsessed with being happy, positive and spreading love.


No comments:

Post a Comment