Thursday, October 6, 2016

"You Can't" Is Just A Dare!

I'm never one to turn down a good dare. Fortunately, and that's just how I choose to look at it, I've been doubted and dared to prove people wrong since before I was born. When you're diagnosed with a physical challenge, doctors tend to give little to no hope for you to lead a "normal" life. That's just how they operate, I guess LOL. Sorry, I'm laughing at my own jokes today because I was up really late and I'm a little delirious. Nah, I'm half lying. I laugh at my own jokes all the time.

We all have to take control of our own lives and our own destiny. Don't put the keys to your life in someone else's car. Don't be defined by what anyone, even well meaning people, have to say about you or what other people see for your future. It's your life and what you think and want  is the only thing that matters. You get to decide which dreams you want to chase and opportunities you want to take.

Never let anyone tell you that it can't be done, that you can't do it. Whatever that "it" is, is subjective to you and your life, your hopes, your dreams. Do what I do, take it as a dare and make SURE you do it. I love proving people wrong, but only in regards to things I actually want to do anyway. I would never waste my time trying to prove myself to people who don't matter, just to shut them up. I do what I do because I want to.

People will only tell you that you can't do something based on their own fears, their own insecurities and their own lives. Just because they can't (or won't) do it, doesn't mean that you shouldn't or that you can't. I also feel like sometimes, especially if you have a disability, many people will have well meaning fears that cross over to coddling. You have to remember that you're your own person, regardless of any help you may need day to day. If you want something, go for it.

"There's always gonna be people that try & drag you down. There's always gonna be people that are trying to strip you of who you actually are but if you wanna be successful and you wanna lead a beautiful life, you will be successful and you will lead a beautiful life. There's nothing that can stop someone from getting where they wanna be and if you believe in yourself that's never ever ever ever gonna happen because you will always achieve whatever you set out to do. Impossible is nothing. That's only a word that people make up to scare people who are not willing to try to actually go for the gold. And that's it." - Paulie Calafiore

(The above quote is verbatim, I messed it up a little in the pic quote type thing I made.)


No comments:

Post a Comment