Tuesday, October 25, 2016

You're Making It Worse!

People love a good pity party these days. That's never been me. I don't feel sorry for myself and hate when anyone feels sorry for me, even over the littlest thing. 

I get it. We don't really want to scream with excitement when it seems like everything is going wrong. But really think about it for a second. Have you ever had one of those days where ONE thing goes wrong and the entire day turns to shit? Think about how you reacted to the one thing. Did you scoff? Maybe say something along the lines of "What else can go wrong? Today is just not my day!" Well, that's exactly why your day kept getting worse! 

People hate hearing that, I know. God forbid we ever admit that we caused a problem or made it worse by how we reacted to it. Did we try to solve it or play the victim? Did we take a deep breath and think "this too shall pass"? A better attitude won't solve all of our problems, but it will help us face them when they happen.

Our attitudes, reactions and vibrations to life's ups and downs is what gives us more of the same. If you want a better day, have a better attitude. Life can be hard enough. Don't make it worse for yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment