Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Only Fitness Tip That Matters

Ever since I worked out with Paulie Calafiore as my trainer at his gym "Sweat" one week ago, I think I'm kind of an expert on fitness now. I know it all. So you should stop what you're doing and listen to me. No, I'm kidding, but I do have a tip. I've read so many blogs and watched so many videos on the biggest tips to reach your fitness goals. They're all wrong, in my opinion, because I've never heard this one mentioned. At least not as anything other than an afterthought, but it should be the main tip.

This is as much of a life tip as it is a fitness tip. Omitting this or making your fitness routines more complex and complicated than this is what causes diets and exercise routines to fizzle and fall flat, causing a hamster wheel effect and preventing you from ever reaching your goal. The biggest tip to achieving your fitness (or life) goals is to HAVE FUN! Get out of your head, don't think about it so much and just do it. If you think about it too much, you'll talk yourself right out of doing it.  Endorphins only kick in after you've already begun to work out, so you need to actually look forward to it, not dread it, in order to even start. Then, and only then, can you get down to specifics relative to you and your health.

For those of you who are about to give me the "but exercise isn't fun" BS, save it. There has to be something you can do that will keep you active and help you get fit, while also being a lot of fun for you. I mean, look at me. I live over 2 hours away from my favorite gym and favorite (only) trainer. While I always have fun working out, nothing will be as fun as my time at SWEAT. It was motivating, entertaining, high energy and hard work. So, until I go back, I'm going with it, taking what I've learned and having fun.

Nothing is 100% fun all the time and we all have different definitions of what's fun for us. That's up to you to decide. You may have to change up your routine and have multiple ways in which you work out so you don't get bored. You don't want your routine to become...routine.


I promise that's a smile, not a grimace and the shirt says Team Paulie. You better believe, if it did say Team Paul, it would be Paulie's father and not some other Paul. 👀

To read about & watch a video of my experience training with Paulie at SWEAT, click here:

http://marissameleske.blogspot.com/2016/10/push-past-paralysis-with-paulie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment