Sunday, October 30, 2016

Rise Up! Spread Love & Positivity! End Cyber Bullying!

As all of you know by now, unless you just so happen to find this link randomly and have no clue who I am or where you are, I am a Big Brother fan. On season 18, my favorite houseguest (& favorite of all 18 seasons overall) is Paulie Calafiore. I was a fan of Paulie's before and continue to support everything he is a part of. He's an incredible person who has done so much for me, so it really is the least I can do to help him in such an important movement and cause.

Bullying and cyber bullying is very serious and very real. I feel just as guilty ignoring it as I would if I was a participant. So I'm doing my part, rising up, donating and asking all of you to give Paulie the ONLY birthday gift he really wants. The opportunity to come together, spread love and to end cyber bullying once and for all.

STATS as of 2016:

-          45% of young people experience bullying before the age of 18 (8).

-          36%  of young people aged 8 to 22 are worried about being bullied at school, college or university (10).

-          38% believe their school, university or college doesn’t take bullying seriously (10).


Startling statistics on cyber bullying and suicide among youth and teens:

http://cyberbullying.org/cyberbullying_and_suicide_research_fact_sheet.pdf

Your donation will do the following:
  • $3 will enable us to offer emergency support to a desperate helpline caller
  • $20 will fund a 50 minute counseling session for a victim of cyberbullying
  • $150 will allow us to train one Cybersmile volunteer to help others online
Please make a donation to help END cyber bullying at:

http://www.theriseup.org/



Furthermore, up until Paulie's birthday, November 13th at 11:59, I am taking appointments for life coaching & will be donating 50% of my fees for every appointment to this cause. Your appointments don't have to be before the 13th, but you must make the appointment before then! For more info on this, go to the following link:

http://www.marissameleske.bigcartel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment