Saturday, November 5, 2016

This Is 30

The title for this blog is a spin off of the movie "This Is 40". Today is my 30th birthday and, I admit it, I feel old. I know it will pass, but this is the first birthday in a long time where I've felt old. 

I'm not going through a midlife crisis and I'm not depressed. However, assessing where I've been, where I am and where I'm going is pretty weird today. Life happens and rarely as we expect it to, so it's not unusual that things I've expected to happen, haven't...yet.  

What people may not know is that I'm sometimes as hard on myself as I am on my loved ones and clients. I'm definitely not where I wanted or expected to be by the time I turned 30. I like to be a few steps ahead and know where I'm going, and God forbid anything throws me off. Just ask anyone who knows me. I start planning in advance and must be everywhere early. I also plan how things are going to go in my head. That's a visualization and law of attraction thing for another blog. It works, mostly, but I digress. Life has, of course, been unpredictable and thrown me many curve balls. 

All of that said, I have faith and optimism. I know I'm where I'm meant to be right now and look forward to where I'm going. That's the biggest key in life. Looking forward to what's to come and always believing that the best IS still yet to come. 

Now I have to go color a few grey hairs with mascara. At least I'm ahead of the game with a wheelchair. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday Marissa. Your an amazing person, inside and out.

    ReplyDelete