Thursday, November 3, 2016

What Happened Last Night?!

"What happened last night?' is definitely not a question I asked myself today! Last night is something I will never forget! I had the honor of attending the movie premiere of a movie by the same name, directed by Candice Cain, at Soundview Cinema in Port Washington, NY. It was definitely a great way to end my 20's, as my 30th birthday is in 2 days!

The movie was absolutely hysterical! I was laughing the entire time. The 2 cast members who stole the show in my eyes were Diana Durango and Cody Calafiore, although the entire cast, which also includes Austin Davis, was really on their A game! I'm not much of a movie goer, so had I not wanted to attend this premiere because of Cody already (and Paulie. What, didn't think I'd mention him? Right...), I would have definitely made sure to look it up if and when it hit television or even Netflix.

There was also a short party before and the cast hung around after. Everyone was so friendly and engaging. Candice was beaming the entire time, not letting an unfortunate foot injury get her down! She and the entire cast seem so grateful for the support and should be extremely proud of this movie! I'm sure it's already on its way to being a big hit!

Special thanks goes out to my Calafiore boys, Paulie and Cody, as well as to Zakiyah for the love last night. I love you all and you always give the love right back! I'm having FOMO tonight not being in Howell!



See "What Happened Last Night?" in a theatre near you!

http://whlnmovie.com/theaters/

1 comment:

  1. Another wonderful blog!! For me, this was the first time I've been to a movie, in probably 5 years or more. I was overly excited to meet you ( Marissa ) finally in person. Moreover, finally having the chance to meet Cody Calafiore in person, was simply overwhelming. I never expected that I would show up and have the movies director not only know my name, but bring me a gift. Candice Cain, the director, was amazingly kind. She gave me a limited edition movie hat, which Cody Calafiore was gracious enough to sign for me. While interacting with everyone was quite humbling and exciting, the movie itself was the highlight. Never have I ever laughed so much during a movie before. 2 things were clear to me at the end of the movie; this is a great director, with a true talent and Cody Calafiore has an amazing career ahead of himself, as he totally " crushed it ".

    ReplyDelete