Monday, August 1, 2016

Reality TV, Character Judgments & Bachelor's Sloppy Seconds

It's funny because I just wrote a blog defending Paulie Calafiore from Big Brother because so many people think he's an asshole (see blog here: http://marissameleske.blogspot.com/2016/07/reality-tv-vs-real-life-big-brother.html). Tonight, I'm watching the Bachelorette finale and here I am judging the hell out of one of the last 2 guys standing cuz he seems egotistical, superficial and fake.

I'm a good judge of character and I try not to jump to conclusions. However, I do trust my instincts. If someone is putting on a facade, I'm the first to call it out. Paulie is playing a good game of Big Brother, the guys on the Bachelor need to be genuine and real and I don't think all of them are.

More importantly, why can't a girl be on the Bachelorette without having been on the Bachelor? I get that the Bachelor came first but not only would I not want to feel like sloppy seconds after being dumped, I also have no interest in going on the Bachelor and fighting 24 other women over a guy. I'm not catty and I wouldn't wanna feel like I'm fighting for someone's love and no doubt have to dodge a lot of drama along the way. If love is not given freely, just to me, why bother?

I'm not trying to sound egotistical or attention seeking, but I would probably do the Bachelorette as a newbie. Call me old school but I don't mind being chased and pursued. I wonder if the show is ever gonna change it up and allow a woman on who hasn't been on the Bachelor first?

No comments:

Post a Comment