Tuesday, August 9, 2016

What Whitney Houston Taught Me

With today being the birthday of the Queen of the Night, I thought I'd write a blog. I grew up on Whitney Houston's music. I remember being in the downstairs of my house and singing her songs on karaoke. I'm definitely an old soul, I love all of the music from my parents' and grandparents' generations!

One of my favorite Whitney Houston songs has always been "Greatest Love of All." It's not only an amazing song but it also has a great message. It's about self love, being your own hero and a parent teaching their child about just that. It's definitely something I'm thankful I learned in my childhood.

Whitney Houston's life also taught me that we often do put ourselves last and teach others what we need to be learning. She has helped so many people find the self love that she never found herself. We have so much to give ourselves and if we did, we'd have more to give to the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment