Sunday, August 28, 2016

The Storylines & Mis-characterizations on Big Brother + A New Twist!

Ya know, I'm fine with explaining to Big Brother fans that there is often a disconnect between live feeds and live shows, which I've blogged about. I'm even okay with having my favorite house guest painted into a story line to fit a narrative that furthers their game and popularity of it's in a positive and/or powerful way. That's selfish, but true. This season, the shoe quickly went on the other foot though and I'm having a hard time figuring out how CBS is allowing this to the personal extent that they are.

Paulie Calafiore went from King of the Castle to public enemy number one. He was never even king of the castle (nor did he even have a relationship with Zakiyah) if you only watched the live show. But oh he was! He had a part in 8 evictions, but then out of nowhere his closest ally and in house girlfriend was evicted and he followed the next week. In the midst of all this, the show TRIED to paint him as an asshole with highly edited clips. I've already written a blog about this, but the statement bares repeating...if there are unedited live feeds, how does CBS think we won't notice this? We aren't stupid. People who don't watch are judging him and attacking him and he didn't even do anything half as drastic as they're saying. I'm calm as a cucumber when it comes to him because you could tell, if you bothered to pay any attention, when he was in game mode.

Natalie ADMITTING to use flirting to luring guys in and turning around using it as sexual harassment accusations as a strategy in the house is absolutely disgusting and completely out of line. It is NOT a game tactic and not something to be taken as lightly as she apparently takes it. It also shows her as a shallow, self centered, one demential person if she couldn't come up with any other strategy, one that wouldn't make HER look so terrible in the end.

Flirting and using it as your sole strategy is okay. Not exactly something above bimbo status or anything remarkable that shows you know how to play Big Brother, but nothing overly terrible. Claiming harassment is a whole other issue altogether and I have a hard time believing that there isn't a reason Natalie is getting away with throwing these accusations out there. Who the hell does she know that's letting this slide and still making her look like the victim on TV? She'd better hope she keeps in touch with whomever it is, because people are not going to like her once she's back in the real world. Those kinds of accusations aren't something you just toss out there and make up because people ACTUALLY go through them in real life and don't just bounce back. She has done so and seems to find a thrill in it which is absolutely disgusting and it potentially can ruin the future of the many people she's now accusing, even if just under the public presumption that they're guilty. 

I don't know why I'm still so sucked in and passionate about this. Oh wait, because these people still have Paulie's name in their mouths after he was evicted. Same goes for Zakiyah. If you follow me on Twitter (MarissaMeleske) you saw my new idea for a twist last night. Any time the Big Brother house guests complain about an evicted houseguest, the evicted houseguest should get paid. That will QUICKLY make CBS take action and make it stop or they will go bankrupt and an evicted houseguest that's been out for weeks before the finale will have potentially earned $500k.

Ya know, summer was always my favorite season. My father and brother always enjoyed it with me. After my dad passed away in July 2009 and my brother in August 2015, Big Brother really became the highlight of the summer for me. It still was because of Paulie this season, but I'm noticing more and more sketchy things about the show that frustrate the hell out of me! But hey, you know me, always looking on the bright side...I'm going to go reread my own blog about Paulie's bright future after Big Brother 18! Here it is: 




No comments:

Post a Comment