Monday, August 22, 2016

Paulie Calafiore Is Doing Something Right; All Good Actors Are Hated

Let me preface this by saying I do not advocate hating anyone. I truly believe there is good in everyone and the good in Paulie Calafiore is more evident to me than it is to many people apparently. However, let's remember one thing; all reality television is highly produced and you go in with a certain persona to win and maybe even because production asks for it in order to make for good TV.

I liken this to something my father told me when I was younger. He said, "if an actor makes you hate them, they deserve an Oscar." I think that's why I tend to root for the more aggressive players in Big Brother, even though I tend to love them rather than hate them. Well, there's that and the fact that the reasons I COULDN'T be on the show is because I can't lie with a poker face or fake friendships/alliances. It's all part of the game and you have to be good at it, even if it goes against your character in the real world. It's expected on the show! I mean, they're still showing Paulie and talking about him and he was evicted! I'm praying he wins Jury Battle Back because the show is an absolute snooze fest without him after the few seconds they show him!

There's another saying I always go by in life; "if you don't have haters, you're doing something wrong." All self assured, secure people just don't care what other people think of them. This was clearly on Paulie's mind a few weeks ago when he said, to the live feeders, "I'm sure 97% of people hate me and the rest know there's a method to my madness." He didn't seem to care either way. 

However, I do care and I'm sure Paulie, as a person who knows who he is within himself, does not want people to think as horribly of him and his personal character as some of the bullshit I have seen online. Because it's NOT who he really is. I haven't met him yet, but I firmly believe this to be true. I'm sure he doesn't care if you hate him once you actually get to know him, but to judge him so unjustly and harshly solely based on what you see of him in an environment such as that of Big Brother is completely unfair. He was, and hopefully will be again, playing a game for $500k.

If you're watching Big Brother, you need to understand something before turning on your television. The people in that house are going to act different than how they normally would in real life. I'm sure even Natalie is a good person in real life! Well...never mind, I won't continue what I was going to say...she has nice hair. There's the good in her...see? It's true!


No comments:

Post a Comment