Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Paulie Calafiore Doesn't Owe You Anything!

I should stop saying I'm done writing blogs until the finale of Big Brother 18, because trolls continue to spout off at the mouth (or cellphone/computer) and piss me off. But instead of spouting off back at them, I try to limit my retaliation to tweets and blogs of support for my favorite player, Paulie Calafiore. Haters aren't worth my time, but supporting him is.

I saw a tweet from someone that said Paulie owes her an apology "for how he talked about women." REALLY? Last I checked, she doesn't speak for all women either. If you think about it, being so insulted by him is actually giving Paulie more power than I'd anticipate a hater would want to give him, if you think he offended all women or that his opinion is going to matter to all women. It's not that serious, people need to calm down.

Everyone needs to remember something. Celebrities, which is essentially what Paulie has become, are also human beings. They don't owe us anything other than what we pay them for. In his case, you're not even paying because CBS comes free and if you're paying for the live feeds, you're paying for 15 other people besides him if you want to get petty and specific. If you don't like what he or any other houseguests have to say then just change the channel, stop watching the feeds or stop following accounts on social media that support the person you don't like.

Celebrities shouldn't have to forfeit their basic human right to freedom of speech because it hurts someone's feelings and they don't like it. Will Paulie regret some of the things that happened and were said this summer? I'm sure he will. But it is my prayer that the other houseguests fans will realize that they and their favorite have said and done the same, and in some cases MUCH worse. If you're going to call out one person, call out everyone.

Here's the thing though, we all make mistakes. Why waste our time on earth pointing out people's shortcomings and flaws (which are only a matter of outsider, irrelevant opinion anyway)? There is plenty that Paulie has done right in the house, let alone in real life when he's being 100% himself. He's the only one who played a watch worthy game and if you take time to research him you will realize there's plenty to look forward to and support when you finally see him as a human being working toward dreams and aspirations just like everyone else.

Putting someone beneath you or above you is dangerous and unfair to any person. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but tweeting him or his family, acting as if you are owed an apology or like your opinion is going to matter is laughable. I worry about your own self worth if an opinion of someone you don't know will insult you so bad. There are plenty of other accounts to follow. Please, do me a favor and unfollow and/or block me so that I don't have to waste anymore of my time doing it. I'm just a fan and it's annoying enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment