Sunday, August 7, 2016

What Does Someone (Paulie Calafiore) Have To Do For Me To Hate Them (Him)?

I was just asked a very interesting and thought provoking question yesterday about Paulie Calafiore, my favorite houseguest on "Big Brother", and I wanted to answer it in a blog. It's a great question about Paulie and about life in general.

The question I was asked was; "What does he have to do for you to hate him?!" Okay, so he's been pretty aggressive in his game play! I can't blame him. I would probably throw my own family members under the bus a time or two if we were in the Big Brother house, have their back the next minute and then, once one of us wins the money, make up and split our prize! So, chances are, I'd have less trouble doing the same to someone I just met.

"Big Brother" is a game, it's a reality show. People watch and people join all for different reasons. Some people want 15 minutes of fame, some people want a showmance, some people want the jury check and others want the grand prize of $500,000 to change their lives. Everyone also has different ways of playing the game; some are great physical competitors, others are social butterflies, some are cerebral, others are great liars and get inside people's heads and under their skin. It's hard not to get mentally and emotionally invested in your favorite houseguests and pull for them as a fan. It's on 3 nights a week, you can also follow it on live feeds 24/7 and there is always social media now. Speaking for myself, it takes over my life every summer!

The type of player I prefer is one who is either feared and hated or one who is looked at as the leader. A cute showmance always pulls at my heart strings too...okay not ALWAYS but I won't mention the ones I couldn't stomach. But I don't really like floaters, they're so boring to me! I need someone to actively be playing the game for me to root for them.

If you've been reading my blog for at least the last few weeks, you know my favorite houseguest this season is Paulie Calafiore. Short of shooting someone or being mean directly to me, there's nothing he can do that would make me dislike him, let alone hate him. And, as I joked to the fan who asked me that question, even if he did shoot someone, it would depend on who it was and then I'd react. I mean, it could be a houseguest I don't like...JUST KIDDING! But really, he's playing an amazing game. He has the whole house under his spell and has had a hand in what happens pretty much every week. The week he was a Have Not, the entire house met up in the HN room! That has never happened, to my knowledge, on the show! He also has a showmance (which I think is more real than that because they try to downplay it and aren't doing anything for attention.) I feel like he's separating game with feelings and I can't blame him. It's the cause of a lot of hate he's getting from fans and haters, but I'm behind him on it! I think he seems like a real, genuine guy and I look forward to finding that out one day in person hopefully. I go into more of the game Paulie vs. real Paulie in my other blog: http://marissameleske.blogspot.com/2016/07/reality-tv-vs-real-life-big-brother.html?m=1

I'm not a hateful person and I believe there is good in everyone. There is a reason why people do or say the things they say and do. Even if anything Paulie did on the show was the real him, I'm an empath and would want to know what happened to make him feel that way. For example, I do think that maybe his past relationships are what cause him to believe that his current showmance isn't genuine at times. Then again, him saying that could also be part of his game because everyone lies, him included! My point is, we're all human, all have pasts and all have reasons for being the way we are. I don't truly hate anyone and I've had some bad shit directed at me from other people and neither of us were fighting for $500,000. For those who hate ANYONE on a television show, please wait until it's over and then draw your own conclusion based on things outside of it. I've heard a lot of shit about a lot of people whom I later met and ended up loving. It's not worth it to judge before you see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment